Saturday, May 26, 2012

 I still maintain I am not nesting...I am lacking the spurt of energy that is supposed to accompany this phenomenon! However, we have mostly put the nursery together, and I thought it would be fun to show you pictures! I doubt Ben will actually sleep in this room for a while after he is born, but it makes me feel better to be semi-organized instead of having baby stuff piled everywhere!!
One of my coworkers gave me this super cute jungle animal bedding set! We weren't going to buy a bedding set, but this one is adorable...and was free!

 The crib was from Craigslist...it's pretty basic, but that's all we need, right? One nice thing is that it has a drawer underneath...the better to store sheets and blankets!


Yeahhh...I am too cheap to buy a baby dresser. I know, I know....but the closet is huge, and this dual set of Tupperware storage drawers works perfectly! Clothes on the left, diapers on the right! I tried to make it a little cute, at least!

 We do have an adult bed in the baby room...which may at times double as a guest room...or maybe Mom/Dad will take a nap on this bed while Ben sleeps too! I'm sure diapers will get changed here as well. At the moment, it is occupied by our mostly-packed hospital bag.






Here is our teeny-tiny baby potty! We're planning on trying to EC (the fewer poopy diapers to wash, we hope! I'm certain I will be keeping you posted on that!

 We have been so blessed to have so many generous friends who showered us with gifts! Combine that with a couple of really good consignment sales around here, and you get most of your baby necessities and many of the baby wants with very little money out of pocket. This is such a huge blessing for us-baby stuff is expensive! Right now, things are mostly stored in the closet. The major projects we still need to complete are: put our glider together, put the carseat in the car, and set up the pack and play (which doubles as a bassinet) in our bedroom. We even have 2 little drawers filled with toys and board books! (we have non-board books as well, which are currently stored in the closet-my plan is to get a tiny bookshelf and put them on there at some point. For now, we only have books out that will survive being chewed!)
And here is the room as a whole, as seen from the doorway. I'm sure we will do some adjusting to it, but it is nice to have the "big stuff" done, especially as I have become increasingly tired and less mobile over the last few days. I'm trying to find the fine line between resting and being overly lazy. I have been having pretty regular contractions for about the last week, more so for the last few days. It's a bit early for that (I'm 35 weeks today), but an exam last night was reassuring that it doesn't look like Ben is going to make his arrival in the next few days at least (though I was warned that could change, so still keep an eye on things!). It's crazy that I could be holding my son anytime from a few days from now to over a month from now! Part of me is beyond ready...more of me wants him to stay in there until he's done cooking. However, regardless of how I feel, I think most likely he will just come whenever he wants!!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update, Jenn, and thanks for all the pictures! I can't believe how much stuff you already have! That's so great to be so prepared already. His room looks so cute ... makes me want to take a nap on that bed right now. :-) That's good that you aren't obsessing over the contractions - you will know when active labor comes! This prelabor that you are experiencing now is not for nothing, though. It's good to get your body and your baby ready for active labor. I'm reading The Birth Partner right now in preparation for Ursula's birth and because I just want to read it and it's been good to remember that what people typically call "false labor" isn't false at all and is completely normal and HELPFUL for the body and baby. Urs had contractions for like two weeks before Aleyah was born - very tiring and not fun but it wasn't a problem per se, you know? Hang in there! Ben is so blessed to have parents like you and Josh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and those little labels you made are so cute - I think having see-through drawers will actually be helpful rather than a dresser.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man Jen, I wish I could receive your posts into my e-mails! I've missed so many of your updates! :( Glad I caught this one! I love seeing Ben's room!! Thanks for the photos! I'm glad you feel reassured with having everything organized - helpful to have that done while Ben is still invitro. :) I too really like your storage labels, very cute. Wise to keep the non-board books stored away - Aleyah got into some of hers when she was younger and chewed threw them. :( Please do keep us updated with how the EC training goes! Agreed with Heidi's comments on labor - it's an adventure! :)

    ReplyDelete